We received this awesome list of Autumn/Winter 2012 specials for Cape Town and Winelands restaurants from a 2oceansviber and feel you should enjoy it too! UPDATE: Apparently this originally came from WhaleCottage (click here) – thanks Chris!
* Pure at Hout Bay Manor: 4-course dinner plus a glass each of Haut Espoir Semillon and Shiraz for R195.Winter – from 1 May – 23 June. Tel (021) 790-0116.
* Pepenero in Mouille Point : Sirloin and chips R89, Seafood platter R 129, 1 kg prawn platter R99, Sushi platter R109, Mussels and chips R79, Pasta of the day R79, Chicken schnitzel R79, Lamb chops R109, Crayfish tails R149. Half price sushi all day. Daily. Winter. Tel(021) 439-9027
* Sinn’s Restaurant at Wembley Square: Lunch (6 options) at R55. Current. Tel (021) 465-0967
* Theo’s on Beach Road, Mouille Point: Oysters R 8 each, 15 prawns R99/R125, 250g Sirloin steak R99, 3 lamb chops R99, Rump Espetada R110, Kingklip and 6 prawns R99/R125, 250g Lobster and 6 prawns R125/R179. (Lunch/dinner prices if two prices quoted). Current. Tel (021) 439-3494.
* Sevruga in the V&A Waterfront: half price sushi Monday – Saturday 12 - 6 pm; 25 % off sushi Sunday 12 – 2pm, 50 % off Sunday 2 – 6 pm, 3-course menu R160, daily, lunch and dinner; 2-course lunch R120. Current.Tel (021) 421-5134
* Beluga, The Foundry, Green Point: 1 kg Prawns R130, 50 % off sushi, dimsum and cocktails all day Sunday, and from 12h00 – 19h00 weekdays. 2-course lunch R120; 3-course lunch and dinner R160. Current.Tel (021) 418-2948.
* Bertha’s in Simonstown: 1 kg Queen prawns cost R99 each, 1kg mussels R99, 1 kg chicken wings R99, full rack of ribs plus chips R99. Half rack of ribs R59. Bertha’s seafood platter R109. Current. Tel (021) 786-2138
* Aubergine: 2-course lunch R198, 3-course lunch R254, Wednesdays – Fridays. Monday – Saturdays except public holidays. Daily dinner specials. 3-course R365, 4-course R425, 5-course R 495 meat and seafood degustation menu. Winter Bistro 2 courses R200, 3 courses R 275, optional wine pairing. Winter. Tel(021) 465-4909
* Ferryman’s Tavern, V&A Waterfront: Burger plus Castle draught weekday lunch, R75. Sunday pork roast R 55. Indefinite. Tel (021) 419-7748
* Hildebrand: Ostrich fillet R90, 2 courses R 120, 3 courses R150. Until August. Tel (021) 425-3385
* Saul’s Sushi @ Vegas, Sea Point: Eat as much sushi as you like for R120 Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturday; Mongolian eat as much as you can R79; Sushi 30 % off on Wednesdays; Sundays 40 % off. Winter.Tel 087 151 4595
* Trees Restaurant, Townhouse Hotel, Cape Town: 2 courses R 105, 3 courses R 130. Indefinite. Tel (021) 465-7050
* Trinity, Bennett Street: All you can eat rib R99 Mondays ; 2 Pizzas and 2 glasses of wine R99 Monday – Thursday from 12 pm; I/2 price sushi, cocktails and tapas Monday – Thursday 16h00 – 22h00. Current. Tel(021) 418-0624
* The Square, Vineyard Hotel, Newlands: 5 course menu R 195/R295 with wines. Dinner only, Monday – Sunday. Current. Tel ()21) 657-4500
* Dunes, Hout Bay : Sunday buffet with smoked salmon, oysters and cooked breakfast R120. Current.Tel (021) 790-1876
* Arnold’s on Kloof, 60 Kloof Street, Gardens: Early bird breakfast half-price special if order before 7h00 Monday – Friday. Peppa Poppers R35, Biltong fillet steak mens/ladies R69/R99, Stew for U2 R110, Chicken Kloof R 59. Until 15 July. Tel (021) 424-4344.
* Codfather, Camps Bay: half-price sushi 12h00 – 18h00, daily. Indefinite. Tel (021) 438-0782
* Black Marlin, Simonstown: 2-course meal R115, 3-course R140. Indefinite. Tel (021) 786-1621
* Cape Town Fish Market, Big Bay, V&A Waterfront, Canal Walk, Tyger Valley, Somerset West, Stellenbosch, Tokai, Grand West Casino: “All you can eat Breakfast Buffet” R60, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays; 4-course Seafood buffet lunch R125, Sundays and public holidays. Buy one, get one free – hake on Mondays, sushi on Tuesdays, calamari on Wednesdays. Indefinite. Tel (021) 554-5962.
* La Bruixa, Sea Point: Seafood paella for two for R260, includes a salad. Current. Tel (021) 434-8797
* La Boheme, Sea Point: 2-courses R95, 3-courses R 120. Current. Tel (021) 434-8797
* The Round House, Camps Bay: 4-course a la carte menu R450, 6-course set tasting menu R595. 3 course lunch R220. Current. Tel (021) 438-4347
* Café Manhattan, 74 Waterkant Street: 2 Beef burgers + 2 chicken burgers + 2 chips + 2 cokes + 2 draft beers or 2 glasses of house wine R200; Pasta and a glass of house wine R 69. May and June. Tel (021) 421-6666
* Savour Restaurant, 51 on Orange: Sunday Lunch Buffet plus ’never-ending supply of Methodé Cap Classique’ R265. Current. Tel (021) 469-8037
* La Colombe, Constantia: 8-course Gourmand menu R 625, or with wine R850, Monday – Saturday,Current. 3 course lunch R240 from 16 June – 15 November, 5 course dinner R395 with wine, R310 without wine 16 June – 31 October. Specials do not apply to Sundays. (Renovation break 16 May – 16 June). Tel (021) 794-2390
* Catharina’s, Steenberg Hotel: 2-course lunch R185, 3-course lunch R215, 3-course dinner R250. Current. Tel (021) 713-2222
* Constantia Uitsig: 3-course lunch and dinner R390, Monday – Saturday. Current. 3-course lunch R210 . 17 April – 15 November, 3-course dinner R250 from 17 April – 31 October. Specials do not apply to Sundays. (Winter break from 25 June – 24 July). Tel(021) 794-4480
* River Café: 2 course lunch plus tea/coffee R99, 3 courses R 119; tea/coffee plus muffin, scone, croissant or slice of cake of the day R35 15h00 – 16h30. Not available on Sundays. (Winter break from 13 August – 4 September). 1 May – 31 October. Tel (021) 794-3010
* Rick’s Café Américain, Park Road: Lunch specials R45, change daily; and more specials on drinks. Indefinite. Tel (021) 424-1100
* Barocca, Camps Bay Club: 2 for the price of one burgers Tuesday evenings; From 5 pm. Indefinite. Tel(021) 438-1992
* Seaforth Restaurant, Simonstown: Cheese Burger R38 Mondays, Deep fried prawns R90 Tuesdays; hake and chips R38 Wednesdays; Eat as much calamari as you like R49 Thursdays; Steak and calamari R88 Fridays; Eat as much as you like pork spare ribs R88 Saturdays. From 6 pm. Current. Tel (021) 786-4810 (Closing at 5 pm Mondays and Sundays June, July and August)
* Pizzeria Villagio, Howard Centre, Pinelands: Free glass of Teddy Hall wine with home-made pasta on Tuesdays; get cheaper main course free for table of two, or 20 % of bill for table of more than two, on Wednesdays. Winter. Tel (021) 531-4473
* Diva Pizza, Buitenkant Street: 2 large margherita pizzas with choice of two toppings R89, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Sit-down pizza for two, with two toppings and two glasses of wine R99 on Sundays and Tuesdays. Current. Tel (021) 461-0013
* Tokyo Restaurant & Sushi Bar: Buy two get one free daily until 5pm; Sushi Buffet Fridays and Saturday from 5 pm, 7 plates R99, unlimited number of plates R118. Indefinite. Tel (021) 424-5108
* BlueFin Seafood & Sushi, Plattekloof: 50 % off sushi 11h00 – 17h00; ‘Eat as much a you like’ Sushi R129; Platters ½ price from 11h00 – 19h00. Monday – Sunday. Current. Tel (021) 558-4281
* Reuben’s, One&Only Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: One&Only Seafood Platter for Two R995. Dish of the day and glass of wine R99 lunch. Sunday lunch buffet R225. Current. Tel (021) 431-5888
* Bayside Café, Camps Bay: Order two main courses, and second person gets lower priced dish free. Until end August. Tel (021) 438-2650.
* Café Chameleon, Plattekloof: Monday – Friday lunch special of small pizza R 45. Monday and Saturday dinner large pizza special R55. Ongoing. Tel (021) 911-1025
* Taiwan City Chinese Cuisine, Century City: 3 courses for 2 persons for R175. Until 30 June. Tel (021) 555-3081
* Zorba’s, Lagoon Beach: Seafood and meat platter for two R220. 18 Prawns R99, Chicken kebabs R60, 600g ribs, 500 g rump steak R125, Beef espetada R110. Lunch and dinner daily (not valid Saturday lunch). Current.Tel (021) 528-2093
* Den Anker, V&A Waterfront: Vol au vent with Vedett white beer R 85. Until October. Tel (021) 419-0249
* F.east, Loop Street: chicken or vegetable curry lunch special R59. Current. Tel (021) 424-5903.
* Sinatra’s at The Pepper Club Hotel has a business lunch special of R50 for a meal ordered, served and eaten in 50 minutes, or you get your money back. Includes free parking. Monday – Friday 12h00 – 15h00. Current. Tel (021) 812-8888.
* Mugg & Bean, V&A Waterfront: Free cappuccino with slice of cake Mondays 3 – 6 pm; buy one BBQ Burger and get one free Wednesdays 5 – 10 pm; three free toppings on BBQ Burger Fridays 5 – 10 pm; free extra 200 g ribs with 600g rib order Saturdays 5 – 10 pm. Current. Tel (021) 419-6451
* Slug & Lettuce, Kloof Street: 300g rump steak, chips and pumpkin fritters R89. Current. Tel (021) 422-5325
* Foodbarn, Noordhoek: 50 % of all lunch dishes Monday – Friday, until end April. Tel (021) 789-1390
* Cru Café, Cape Quarter: 2 jumbo gourmet burgers R99, 12h00 – 14h00 daily. Buy one tapas and/or cocktail, get one free (except calamari tapas) 16h00 – 18h00; two 150 g T-bone steaks for price of one R150 Fridays and Saturdays from 6 pm; oxtail and mutton stew for two R 119 daily from 6 pm. Hake and chips, or chicken schnitzel and chips, R39, Sundays 12h00 – 15h00. Current. Tel (021) 418-6334
* 1800°, Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, Green Point: ‘Christmas in July’ 3 course meal R295, with Sally Williams and Equinox Spa gift pack. July. Tel (021) 430-0506
* Tuscany Beach, Camps Bay: 50 % off partner’s main course. 25% off all sushi. Every evening, Monday – Friday lunch. Winter. Tel (021) 438-1213
* Pigalle, Green Point: 2-courses R140, 3-courses R170, 4-courses R 200 Monday – Thursday, until 1 September. Tel (021) 421-4848
* RBG Bar & Grill, Park Inn, Foreshore: Classic Burger R50, Grilled Chicken Caeser R50, Sirloin steak R85 Monday – Thursday 12h00 – 14h00. Current. Tel(021) 427-4800.
* Hussar Grill, Green Point: 2 courses R99. Winter.Tel (021) 433-2081.
* Blues, Camps Bay: 2 courses R120, 3 courses R 150.Winter. (Closed in June) Tel (01) 438-2040.
* 5 Rooms, Alphen Boutique Hotel: Seafood platter R159, 1 kg Prawn platter R99, Osso Buco R89, Lamb shank R129, 400g Prime rib R119, Butter Chicken curry R79; 2 courses R140, 3 courses R190. Winter. Tel (021) 795-6313.
* Liberty’s, Upper Eastside Hotel: 3-courses paired with three wines R185; choice of one of three pasta dishes R48 on Mondays; one bottle of Brickfield red or white wine for two main courses ordered on Wednesdays; 12 Mozambican prawns done three ways for R85 on Thursdays; 3 &Union beers plus a tasting prego roll R100 on Fridays; daily blue plate specials R45.Winter. Tel (021) 404-0570
* Harbour House, Kalk Bay: 2 courses R 150, 3 courses R170. Winter. Tel (021) 788-4133.
* Harbour House, V & A Waterfront: 2 courses R150, 3 courses R170, all meals except Sunday lunch. Winter. Tel (021) 418-4744
* Mezepoli, Camps Bay: Beef, chicken or vegetarian pita with chips, beer, or cold drink R70 on Mondays; half-price sushi on Wednesdays; Meze platter R120 Sundays. Winter. Tel (021) 438-1915.
* Cascades, Sea Point: 3-courses R150, from 10 May. Tel (021) 434-5209
* Ocean Blue, Camps Bay: Seafood platter R99, Linefish R79, Calamari R79, Sirloin steak R79, Prawns and linefish R79, Calamari and linefish R79, calamari and prawns, R79, Steak and prawns/calamari R79, Lobster and prawns R129, Oysters R6 Until end September. Tel (021) 438-4204
* Sinatra’s, Pepper Club Hotel: 3 course meal with glass of house wine R200, from 10 May until end September. Tel (021) 812-8888
* Zenzero, Camps Bay: 3-courses R 149. Butternut and Feta cannelloni R79, Parmesan lamb chops R119, Osso Bucco R99, Lamb shank R109, Wild mushroom risotto, chicken risotto, pan fried tuna R119. Winter. Tel (021) 438-0007
* Bungalow, Clifton: ‘Speciality Winter Menu’, with six main courses ranging in price from R90 for Bouillabaisse to R155 for crayfish pasta, and one dessert, chocolate fondant, at R60. Winter. Tel (021) 438-2018.
* Mariner’s Wharf, Hout Bay: Free filter coffee or tot of Allesverloren port for 2 courses ordered. Starters R25 – R39, Mains R60 – R99, Desserts R25. Until 15 September, excludes Sundays and public holidays. Tel(021) 790-1100
* Salt Café & Vodka Bar, Bantry Bay: Lunch and dinner special: Butternut soup. Served with bread of your choice. R30. 2 x 200g 100% Beef Burgers served with Chips or wedges for R100. Winter. Anytime Special: Slice of cake and a cappuccino for R35 (Death by Chocolate, Baked Cheesecake or Carrot Cake). Breakfast Special: Bacon & Egg sandwich on bread of your choice R35. Tel (021) 439-3354
* Rocca, Cape Quarter: Crayfish R99 on Monday and Tuesday evenings. 3-course dinner R123 Monday – Saturday. Winter. Tel (021) 418-8000
* Mezbaan Indian Restaurant, Hilton Cape Town: ‘Curry Cup’ Buffet with soup, salads, nine curries, sambals, naan bread, poppadoms, and a selection of desserts, and all soft drinks R151, Thursday evenings. All year. Tel (021) 481-3700
* Buitenverwachting Restaurant, Constantia: 2 courses R175, 3 courses R225. Tapas menu 5 dishes R129 and 7 dishes R179. Winter. Tel (021) 794-3522
* Haiku: Dim Sum, Robata and Sushi platters R119, Lunch Monday – Friday. 3 courses R179, 5 courses R249, Dinner Monday – Wednesday. Winter. Tel (021) 424-7000
* Saints on 84 Kloof, Gardens: Order 2 flatbreads and pay for one Monday; order 2 Saints classic burgers and pay for one Thursday. Winter Tel (021) 424-0030
* The Raj, Camps Bay : 3 courses and glass of house wine R134.80. Winter. Tel (021) 438-4555.
* Alexander Bar and Café, Strand Street: Home cooking dish of day R40, Mondays. Winter. Tel (021) 300-1088
* Il Cappero, Camps Bay: 50 % off pasta and desserts on Monday lunch and dinner. Winter. Tel (021) 438-7074
* The Grand on the Beach, The Grand Camps Bay: 2 courses R140, 3 courses R160, each with a glass of house wine. Winter. Tel 072 586 2052/(021) 438-4253
* St Elmo’s: 4 Pizza pies R99; 2 large regular pizzas R109,90; 2 medium regular pizzas R74,90; 2 large pizzas R89,90 on Tuesdays only; Large regular pizza plus 400 gram rack of sticky ribs and chips R 129,90; Small regular pizza plus 330ml Coca Cola R29,90. Winter. All branches.
* Krugmann’s Grill, V&A Waterfront: Fusion Oxtail Thali R110. Winter. Tel (021) 418-9393
* Andiamo, old Cape Quarter, De Waterkant: 2 pizzas or 2 pastas, or one of each, at R 109,95. Until October. Tel (021) 421-3687.
* Upstairs @ Quay Four: Malay Kreef Curry R90, 2 courses R120, 3 courses R130. Until end August. Tel(021) 419-2008
* Allee Bleue, outside Franschhoek: choice of three 250g steaks at R115, including a glass of estate wine, current. Lunch, Wednesday – Sunday. ‘Jazzed Up Sundays’ Buffet R145 per person. ‘Winter Hotties Menu’: Braised oxtail, prawn curry, springbok shank, and lentil stew with Frankfurters, all R75. Winter. Tel (021) 874-1021
* Allora in Franschhoek: 3-course Sunday lunch R99 all year. Lunch and dinner: 2 courses R89, 3 courses R110. Winter. Tel (021) 876-4375.
* L’ermitage, Franschhoek: 3-courses R185 and a glass of wine. Lunch. Current. Tel (021) 876-9200
* La Residence, Franschhoek: 2 courses R 380, 3 courses R 490, 4 courses R 600 per person, all inclusive of ‘house wines’ and local beverages. Dinner. Daily. Current. Tel (021) 876-4100
* Haute Cabriere, Franschhoek: 4-course Table d’Haut lunch R150, Tuesday – Friday; Pierre Jourdan Breakfast, cellar tour, and tasting R150, from 10h00 Saturdays; Pinot Noir Tasting Menu – 5 courses and wine R495, Friday and Saturday dinner, Saturday and Sunday lunch. From 1 May. Tel (021) 876-3688
* Freedom Hill Restaurant, outside Franschhoek: 3-course meal R135. Selection of tapas R10 – R30. Wednesday – Mondays. Winter. Tel (021) 867-0963.
* Reuben’s: Burger R60; 4 course lunch or dinner R185. Until 31 August. Tel (021) 876-3772
* Dish at Le Franschhoek: 3 courses R 195. Winter.Tel (021) 876-8900
* Monneaux: 2 course Fireplace soup and curry R120 Wednesday and Friday. 2 course lunch R120, 3 courses R150. Winter. Tel (021) 876-3386
* Cosecha, Noble Hill: Slow cooked vegetarian chilli R40. Weekdays. Winter. Tel (021) 874-3844
* Fyndraai, Solms-Delta: Cape Family Buffet R185, Sundays. Winter. Tel (021) 874-3937
* eat @ Simonsvlei, Simonsvlei Winery, Old Paarl Road: Steak and baked potato R95. Friday evenings.Winter. Tel (021) 863-3040
* Wild Peacock Food Emporium, 32 Piet Retief Str, Stellenbosch: Specials as per menu, dinner Wednesday and Friday evenings. Early bird mini breakfast plus tea/coffee R25 Monday – Friday 7h30 – 9h00. Terrific Tuesday lunch R59 Tuesdays 12h00 – 14h00.Indefinite. Tel (021) 887-7585
* Clos Malverne, Stellenbosch: 3-course lunch R158 Tuesday – Friday, until 31 August. Tel (021) 865-2022
* Lord Neethling Restaurant, Neethlingshof, Stellenbosch: choice of 6 main courses with 250 ml wine R115, Sunday buffet lunch R150. 2 Impala schnitzel, 2 beef medallions or 2 lamb shanks, with 2 paired glasses of Neethlingshof wines R160, Wednesday and Friday dinner, and Monday – Saturday lunch.Winter. Tel (021) 883-8966.
* 96 Winery Road, Stellenbosch: Hollandse Pepper Fillet half price Tuesdays; Duck and Cherry Pie half price on Thursday evenings; Free dessert with a main course ordered, to celebrate the 16th birthday of the restaurant.June. 20 % off Potjie Monday – Thursday lunch for pensioners May – August. Tel (021) 842-2020
* Wild Peacock Food Emporium: Early Bird Breakie (cooked breakfast) R25 Monday – Friday 7h30 – 9h00; cake of the day and tea/coffee R25 Monday – Friday 15h00 – 17h00; 2-course set lunch R59 Tuesdays 12h00 – 14h00. Current. Tel (021) 887-7585.
* Warwick wine estate: Tapas range from R25 – R60. Winter. Tel (021) 884-4410.
* Terroir, Kleine Zalze: 2 courses R 175, 3 courses R198, both with a glass of Kleine Zalze wine. Monday – Saturday lunch and dinner. Until 30 September. (closed 25 June – 9 July) Tel (021) 880-8167
* Dornier Bodega Restaurant, Dornier wine estate: 2 courses R150, 3 courses R175. Lunch daily, but closed Tuesdays. Winter. Tel (021) 880-0557
* Jordan Restaurant with George Jardine, Jordan wine estate: 4 courses and 2 glasses of Jordan wines R225 Tuesday – Saturdays. Bread-baking course R650 Saturday mornings. Until 1 September. Tel (021) 881-3612
* Overture: 4-courses R 250, and R350 if paired with wines. Tuesday – Friday lunch, Dinner Thursday and Friday. Winter. Tel (021) 880-2721
* Hartenberg: Steak and Shiraz, R95, Fridays.Winter.
* Taste, mid-way between Stellenbosch and Somerset West: 3 course meal R175, Lunch and Dinner, Thursdays – Mondays. Winter. Tel (021) 855-3686
* Season in Hermanus: 50 % off selected lunch menu items Tuesday – Saturday. Afval R45 Tuesdays. 50% dinner discount for pensioners on Wednesday. Hake and calamari combo R55 Thursday. Free 200g rump steak free for a 300 g rump steak ordered for R110, on Friday. Sunday lunch: 1 course R70, 2 courses R92. June. Tel(028) 316-2854
* The Class Room, Hermanus: 3-course Sunday lunch R130. 6-course dinner R150 Wednesday – Saturday evenings. April. Tel (028) 316-3582
* Rossi’s Italian Restaurant, Hermanus: Small Pizza R38 Lunch Mondays – Fridays. Current. Tel (028) 312-2848
* Amigos Cantina Restaurant: Free bottle of house wine for table of 4.2 bottles for table of 8 Tuesdays; buy one get one free on chicken liver starter or Chicken/Beef/Vegetarian Tortilla Wednesdays; free coffee and a port/sherry Thursdays. Current. Tel (028) 313-0384
* Oskars, Harbour Road and Eastcliff Village Centre: Free glass of wine with any lunch ordered. Winter. Tel(028) 313-0629
* Nguni: Friday night special R50. Closed May – mid-July. Tel (044) 533-6710
Catch you on Tuesday.....
It's Easter Weekend, friends. You're going to be taking chances on a lot of things this we...
A DJ that goes by Squarepusher collaborated with a Japanese robot band called Z-Machines t...
For a robot, Asimo is a real cutie. We wouldn't mind adopting Honda's humanoid robot which...
Four people are confirmed dead, and the death toll is expected to rise, with hundreds of p...