It appears as if Thomas Markle is back in his daughter’s bad books again.
After participating in a revealing interview with Good Morning Britain last month, Meghan’s dad is reportedly fearing that his relationship with the Duchess of Sussex is quite possibly over.
A report by The Daily Beast sheds light on the elder Markle’s fears:
The Mirror now reports that Markle fears he has been cut out of the loop permanently, and is quoted as telling friends he is at a “complete loss” as to why he has been excluded.
Add to the fact that he told TMZ last week that “if the Queen is willing to meet our arrogant, ignorant, and insensitive president, she has no excuse not to meet me, I’m nowhere near as bad”, then we have the reason why things aren’t going swimmingly for the Duchess’s dad.
Not that his description of Donald Trump isn’t correct, but still.
The Good Morning Interview is reportedly adding fuel to the fire:
Meghan was said to be heartbroken by — but ultimately supportive of — [her father’s] decision not to attend [the wedding], however she was to experience a fresh betrayal when Markle Sr. appeared on a British TV breakfast show and gave a revealing interview in which, among other things, he detailed how Prince Harry had urged him to give Donald Trump a chance in a phone call.
British royals are supposed to be non-political and referring to or publicly repeating their private conversations is forbidden.
To be fair, I don’t think Markle would remember that – after all, there are about a million royal protocols that the Royals have to remember to follow.
Either way, Meghan is apparently feeling rather unhappy with her old man.
Even the folks at Kensington Palace are unimpressed:
The TV interview completely blindsided Kensington Palace who had no warning that he was about to make the intervention.
The mess has consistently been referred to by despairing palace insiders as the ‘Markle Debacle’ and Harry and Meghan’s staff have faced huge criticism for losing control of the narrative and failing to bring Meghan’s family on side.
Who knows how this latest spat will play out, although the way things are looking now, it could be the end for good this time.
For the sake of everyone involved, especially Thomas and Meghan, we hope they mend the fences before another similar debacle crops up.
Australia is in the news again for something ill-considered. Last week it was an 'onion...
Happy Monday, everyone - especially those who recognise the fact that Donald Trump is a co...
Germany's 17-year-old Formula 3 driver Sophia Floersch (pictured above) can count herself ...
Homelessness Spreads In Cape Town As ‘Wheels Have Fallen Off’ South Africa’s Economy...
The Christmas adverts are already here, and they're not mucking around. Earlier this we...