You have survived winter, my friends. Give yourselves a hand. Yes, we have a touch more rain to endure this month, but for the most part the days are getting longer, and every now and then the wind is flirting on the edge of what you might call “balmy”.
Like all changes in life, the shifting of a season brings new beginnings and opportunities to do things differently. To do things better. Relaxing, for example, is something that you ought to improve in your life. One short iPod playlist outside of Cape Town is an inspiring escape to nature in the absolute comfort of luxury. Go on, admit it. You haven’t been giving yourself the love that you deserve.
Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a multi award winning 5 star eco-paradise only two hours from Cape Town. Located just other side of Hermanus, the scenic drive does well to prepare you for the frankly breathtaking destination.
Having guessed that you deserve better, Grootbos has put together a Super Spring Special just for you. The ultimate luxury and fine dining experience is perfectly complemented by flowering fynbos and the arrival of the Southern Right Whales. Speaking of which, Grootbos is throwing in a guided land-based whale watching excursion, an exclusive whale watching boat tour and a 4×4 flower safari all for FREE.
You are JOKING. Stop joking.
For R2,950 pps you get all of the below and more:
– Accommodation in one of the exquisite self-standing suites. We’re talking double volume windows with a view to kill, fireplaces, a private lounge and balcony with (according to the editor Seth Rotherham) “arguably the sexiest [outdoor] shower in the Cape”.
– Three gourmet meals a day. It starts with a buffet of delicacies and a hot English breakfast selection and ends with a six-course gourmet taste sensation for dinner. The eggs and greens are all organically produced on the premises and everything else is met with a standard that would satisfy Gordon Ramsey.
– Land-based whale watching. To be enjoyed with a glass of bubbly on a private balcony.
– Exclusive boat-based whale watching. Getting you close enough to touch the gentle giants of the ocean to claim that one-of-a-kind encounter with nature.
– Guided 4×4 Flower Safaris. Currently in full bloom the guides have a keen eye for pointing out the intricate beauty of fynbos and the mind-blowing facts about the Cape Floral Kingdom, which has three times the floral diversity of the Amazon Jungle!
– And an additional mix of enticing activities to chose from, free of charge: Horse riding, hikes, a picnic on the beach, a cave & coastal tour, bird watching, milkwood forest missions, and…well, you get the picture.
Book before the 1 September and win a scenic whale watching flight for a truly unique experience. Grootbos is one of the only places in the world where you can enjoy THREE methods of whale watching; from the land, on the boat and in the sky!
BOOK NOW and give yourself the new Spring start that you deserve!
[imagesource: JOOINN] The move to alert level 1 and the easing of restrictions have be...
I was going to write about my Monday, which saw roughly 12 humans coming at me between 8AM...
Some thoughts really are best kept to oneself. But then along came social media, provid...
[imagesource: Augusto Zurita / AP] Shows like Narcos may have glorified aspects of the ...
Well done on making it through another week. Just think, this time next week you'll be ...