Many of us worry whether our bodies get enough exercise – but it’s important to remember that our mental health is just as important if we want to be successful and healthy.
Clinical social worker Amy Morin prepared this list of things to avoid in order for your mind to be as strong as steel.
Mentally strong people don’t:
1. Waste time feeling sorry for themselves. You won’t catch them on the couch for a week watching Seinfeld reruns with Doritos chips in their hair.
2. Give away their power. Mentally strong people avoid giving power to others who make them feel bad.
3. Shy away from change. The mentally strong say ‘Yes!’ to change.
4. Waste energy on things they can’t control. Mentally strong people recognise and accept the things that are out of their control. Like bad traffic. And hipsters.
5. Worry about pleasing others. Or displeasing them.
6. Fear taking calculated risks. Mentally strong people will take risks after thinking them through.
7. Dwell on the past. They spend most of their energy making a better future.
8. Make the same mistakes over and over. They learn from past mistakes and adjust their behaviour accordingly.
9. Resent other people’s success. They focus on where they are in life and improving their own positions. You might have to give up Facebook for this one.
10. Give up after failure. Try, try again.
11. Fear alone time.
12. Feel the world owes them anything. They accept the world is sometimes unfair and move on.
13. Expect immediate results. Mentally strong people know good things take time.
Brought to you by BuchuLife
[Source : Forbes]
[imagesource: Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post] The town of Lonaconing, in Maryland, ...
[imagesource:here] On June 30, 2021, South Africans can wave the Section 12J tax incent...
[imagesource: The Late Late Show with James Corden/Youtube] It has been close to a mont...
[imagesource: Saving The Wild] A video from the parking lot of a Pick n Pay shopping co...
[imagesource: BBC] Visit The Telegraph's home page at any given time, and you're guaran...