We said we would give away a bottle of Jack Daniel’s for every bar you tell us that stocks the premium ‘Gentleman Jack.’ You’re coming along very nicely! Here are the latest additions – including one in the Southernmost bar in Africa!
GUYS – PLEASE – IMPORTANT – Check the map before heading out on the hunt for Gentleman Jack. We’re receiving tons of duplicates. The map is here – have a loo at it and familiarise yourself with which bars have already been sent in.
To recap, we’re struggling to find venues that stock Gentleman Jack and are giving away a bottle of Jack Daniel’s for every new Cape Town venue that you tell us about, that stocks Gentleman Jack. We’re adding them as pins to the Gentleman Jack map on the Jack Daniel’s microsite HERE.
This is the first bunch of the year. Check out all the previous entries on the Jack Daniel’s microsite HERE (scroll down).
Well done to the following 2oceansvibers who have each won themselves a bottle of Jack. And so can YOU, simply see the rules here.
Scroll down to the latest winners and venues for this week:
1) Vaughn with no A Wilkinson (no relation) has been hanging around Harfield Village and found this little beauty at a bar called Zapata. He says it’s a Mexican restaurant – awesome – and so bloody good of them to stock ‘The Gent!’
2) Gosh it’s taken a while for someone to spot Gentleman Jack at Barristers in Newlands. Even I knew it was there. Well done to Warren Browning for pointing out the obvious. That’s not Browning of the firearm dynasty, Browning, is it? Certainly looks like he could be packing heat..
3) Now this is very much our speed. Sent in by one times Brent Lyall – he found this bottle of GJ at the Polo Club bar at Val de Vie. Those okes behind are having a good old yack, hey? And as for the skinnering on the far left..
4) We would like to announce that Gentleman Jack is being served at the Southernmost bar and restaurant in Africa! Well done to Ronnie for finding it and well done to Neels the owner, for stocking it at Zuidste Kaap!
5) This is not Ursula (nor her dimples’) first rodeo. She’s done this before (see here) and well done to her for hacking the system. She’s just going to keep on cruising around, giving us names of bars stocking Jack, and she will continue to be rewarded for doing so. She’s the real winner. This time Ursula and her dimples klapped a bottle at Lookout Deck in Hout Bay. Well done, girl!
Keep ’em coming, gang. The map is looking good so far – but we want more!
Click here to see ALL the previous entries.
IF YOU ALSO WANT TO WIN A BOTTLE OF JACK DANIEL’S, READ THE FOLLOWING
Ok, so check out this page – that’s the Jack Daniel’s ‘microsite’ within 2oceansvibe. You’ll see we’ve made a pretty little map there. Now that’s the map that we will use to mark off all the fine establishments that stock Gentleman Jack.
All you have to do when you find a bar that serves it, is ask the barman if you can take a picture of yourself with the bottle and send it to us.
Make sure you:
1) Give us the name and address of the bar
2) Ask the barman/manager for a bottle of Gentleman Jack and take a picture for us of you holding the bottle.
3) Tell the manager you can guarantee his/her establishment will get a mention on 2oceansvibe.com, if they’re being difficult.
4) Send the pic to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “I found some Gentleman Jack”
We’re giving away one bottle of Jack Daniel’s for every new one of these you send us. Only one per establishment and one per person.
By the end of it we’ll have a very nicely detailed map showing all the spots that serve Gentleman Jack in Cape Town.
Terms and conditions apply
We reserve the right to end the competition
[imagesource: Netwerk24] South African Ashley Oosthuizen’s story hit the headlines ba...
So your child is enrolled in the CAPS curriculum — working their way towards achieving t...
[imagesource: Jeffrey Abrahams / Gallo Images] John Steenhuisen, the leader of the DA, ...
[imagesource: AAA] Technically, you're not about to be "Rickrolled". Although, since...
[imagesource: YouTube / Vanity Fair] Magicians aren't supposed to reveal how they do th...