Whether you agree or disagree with them, IQ tests are the most commonly accepted measure of intelligence. Using IQ data, garnered from The World Genius Directory, the folks over at Business Insider have put together a list of the 16 smartest people alive today.
Before we get started, let’s take a quick look at what constitutes a geniuse IQ. The average score on an IQ test is 100 and most people score between 85 and 114. If you manage to hit 140 or higher, you’ve got what’s considered a “high IQ”. Anything over 160 is considered a “genius IQ”. Our first entry, with the lowest IQ on the list, racked up a 169.
Please note, this list is taken directly from The World Genius Directory, “a fluid list of the world’s top mind compiled from certified IQ tests sent in by listees.” Meaning, if a genius didn’t send in their IQ test they won’t be on the list.
Without further ado, the name, age (where available), nationality and IQ of the 16 smartest people in the world.
16. Ivan Ivec, Croatian, IQ 169
15. Gaetano Morelli, Italian, IQ 169
14. Jorge del Fresno Viejo, Spanish, IQ 170
No image available.
13. Mick Dempsey, British, IQ 171
12. Marc Nydegger, 20, Swiss, IQ 171
11. Santanu Sengupta, 34, Indian, IQ 174
10. Vedran Glisic, Bosnian, IQ 175
9. Peter Rodgers, 58, Australian, IQ 175
8. Tadayuki Konno, 39, Japanese, IQ 176
7. Lee HanKyung, 27, South Korean, IQ 177
6. Tim Roberts, Australian, IQ 178
5. Patrick Zimmerschied, 30, German, IQ 178
4. Kenneth Ferrell, 52, American, IQ 190
3. Mislav Predavec, 45, Croatian, IQ 192
2. Rick Rosner, 54, American, IQ 192
1. Dr. Evangelos Katsioulis, 36, Greek, IQ 198
You can read a short bio of each here.
[Source: Business Insider]
I really cannot wait to watch Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, the docu...
So we only went out to bat for you guys on this one and the response has been brilliant. T...
Just what value can you place on a human life? We have all heard the horror stories the wo...
When you are one of the world's most talented Formula One drivers no one is surprised that...
It has been seven days since the crash of Germanwings flight 4U 9525, and, as yet, not one...