Whether you agree or disagree with them, IQ tests are the most commonly accepted measure of intelligence. Using IQ data, garnered from The World Genius Directory, the folks over at Business Insider have put together a list of the 16 smartest people alive today.
Before we get started, let’s take a quick look at what constitutes a geniuse IQ. The average score on an IQ test is 100 and most people score between 85 and 114. If you manage to hit 140 or higher, you’ve got what’s considered a “high IQ”. Anything over 160 is considered a “genius IQ”. Our first entry, with the lowest IQ on the list, racked up a 169.
Please note, this list is taken directly from The World Genius Directory, “a fluid list of the world’s top mind compiled from certified IQ tests sent in by listees.” Meaning, if a genius didn’t send in their IQ test they won’t be on the list.
Without further ado, the name, age (where available), nationality and IQ of the 16 smartest people in the world.
16. Ivan Ivec, Croatian, IQ 169
15. Gaetano Morelli, Italian, IQ 169
14. Jorge del Fresno Viejo, Spanish, IQ 170
No image available.
13. Mick Dempsey, British, IQ 171
12. Marc Nydegger, 20, Swiss, IQ 171
11. Santanu Sengupta, 34, Indian, IQ 174
10. Vedran Glisic, Bosnian, IQ 175
9. Peter Rodgers, 58, Australian, IQ 175
8. Tadayuki Konno, 39, Japanese, IQ 176
7. Lee HanKyung, 27, South Korean, IQ 177
6. Tim Roberts, Australian, IQ 178
5. Patrick Zimmerschied, 30, German, IQ 178
4. Kenneth Ferrell, 52, American, IQ 190
3. Mislav Predavec, 45, Croatian, IQ 192
2. Rick Rosner, 54, American, IQ 192
1. Dr. Evangelos Katsioulis, 36, Greek, IQ 198
You can read a short bio of each here.
[Source: Business Insider]
Once a year people from around the world gather at Glastonbury to stomp in the mud, watch ...
One of the differences between Cape Town and the greater Johannesburg metropolitan area is...
Iceland, a country with the same population as the city of Leicester, and now following in...
Strawberries and cream, suit jackets and a fascination with the partners of those appearin...
Remember that "bloodbath" in Betty's Bay? You know the one, where the leopard slaughtered ...