Your skin never feels or looks better than it does after a professional skincare treatment.
Treatments like chemical peels, micro-needling, Fraxel® DUAL and Pulsed Lights and Lasers are designed to work on a deeper level than your daily skincare routine, which is why the results are always so effective.
Some simple procedures and hey, your skin looks and feels rejuvenated.
What most people don’t know is that the work doesn’t end with the treatment itself. Even if you’ve just had something simple done, like a deep cleansing facial, how you care for your skin afterwards can make all the difference.
The experts at Skin Renewal suggest the following for maintaining your skin after a treatment. These five handy tips will ensure that the effects of your treatment last longer and that your skin stays healthy and happy.
1. Only use products suited to your skin and recommended by your professional skin care therapist or doctor. For instance, you don’t want to exfoliate for at least two to three weeks after a skin peel.
2. Use products that repair your skin’s barrier (its natural protective layer) and equip the skin to fight off bacterial invasions, assist in faster recovery from treatments, and restore the skin’s natural pH of 5,5. We recommend Lamelle’s Barrier Repair and Serra Restore Cream. This type of post-care is especially important after treatments such as laser, micro-needling and chemical skin peels.
3. Apply products that hydrate, protect and restore the moisture balance of the skin and include anti-oxidants while avoiding overly active products for a week or two. We recommend Lamelle Nourish Revitalise Cream.
4. Skin that is red and inflamed is vulnerable to the sun and prone to pigmentation. We recommend a good facial SPF such as Heliocare 360.
5. Overstimulating the skin by peeling, picking, scratching, scrubbing or using exfoliants when you shouldn’t, will only cause added discomfort and inflammation, making the skin more prone to pigmentation, poor healing and even scarring. Don’t do it!
You can get the recommended products, and further insight into ensuring healthy skin, by visiting the Renewal Institute website.
Your skin is an investment, and like any investment, you need to maintain and take care of it.
Besides, we all deserve a little pampering.
[imagesource:here] Entrepreneurs, analysts, and prospective investors who have major fa...
[imagesource: Bludapp] "Protes and oats, my boych." Rumour has it that if you cup yo...
[imagesource: GQ Images] Netflix subscribers should be familiar with The Serpent, an ei...
[imagesource: IFC Midnight/Everett Collection] If you recognise that man above, you mus...
[imagesource:here] There was once a tree in Wisconsin and then in a flash of light, the...