[imagesource: YouTube / Boston Dynamics]
Who needs androgynous Korean boy band members dancing about when you can have robot dogs instead?
Okay, nope. Give me the real thing, please.
Granted, Boston Dynamics’ robot dogs do a pretty neat job of dancing in sync to BTS, but a lot of the reason why fans love K-pop in the first place is to see the groups in action.
Also, the robot dogs’ dancing is incredibly creepy.
Luckily, these robot dogs are not forming an actual band, but just dancing as a way for Hyundai to show off its official acquisition of robotics company Boston Dynamics.
You’ll recall the name, as the company is leading the way when it comes to robots that humans should fear.
The latest video shows the company’s prized Spot robot-pooches dancing in unison to BTS’s ‘Ioniq: I’m On It’, reports Mashable:
Apparently Hyundai somehow had spare money to drop on this, considering how expensive the deal itself was.
As per the $1,1 billion agreement, Hyundai will hold an 80 percent stake in Boston Dynamics, with owner SoftBank keeping the other 20 percent.
Hit play if you’re into the stuff of nightmares:
Hyundai also released a video showing BTS having a dance-off with the robot dogs:
I find that video more manageable.
If you see these robots in your dreams tonight, simply recite the names of your favourite BTS members to stave off full-blown nightmares.
Jungkook, Jimin, Suga, give me J-Hope!
[imagesource: Twitter / @Ridaa_isaacs] On Saturday, a large gathering of anti-vaxxers p...
[imagesource: Kinship Spirits] It takes something special to lift the nation's spirits ...
[imagesource: TheImageDirect.com] Once upon a time, a 62-year-old South African billion...
[imagesource: Showtime] J.J. Abrams has a pretty extensive IMDb bio, with 76 producer c...
[imagesource: YouTube / News from WORLD] This year's Olympic Village experience will be...