Last week, with the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (or Festival Fringe) still in full swing, we covered a list of the 10 funniest jokes thus far.
We did say that list was far from complete, and now TV channel Dave have handed out their 11th annual ‘ funniest joke of the Edinburgh fringe’ award.
Judged by a panel of comedy critics, who each submitted their six favourite jokes, and then selected by public votes, Liverpool comedian Adam Rowe (pictured above) came out tops.
As the Guardian reports. Rowe was a happy man:
“I’m absolutely over the moon and quite blown away by this,” he said of winning the Edinburgh award. “It’s my favourite joke in the show, as it ends the bit I’m most passionate about; trying to dispel a few myths of what it’s like to be brought up on benefits.
“It’s such a huge honour, I really never expected to be in with a shout of winning things like this, so it’s just a massive but lovely surprise.”
Let’s see if Dave’s list of the top 10 funniest jokes from the 2018 Fringe can brighten up your day:
1) Working at the jobcentre has to be a tense job – knowing that if you get fired, you still have to come in the next day. Adam Rowe
2) I had a job drilling holes for water – it was well boring. Leo Kearse
3) I took out a loan to pay for an exorcism. If I don’t pay it back, I’m going to get repossessed. Olaf Falafel
4) In my last relationship I hated being treated like a piece of meat. She was a vegan and refused to touch me. Daniel Audritt
5) What do colour-blind people do when they are told to eat their greens? Flo & Joan
6) I’ve got a new job collecting all the jumpers left in the park at the weekends, but it’s not easy. They keep moving the goalposts. Darren Walsh
7) Trump said he’d build a wall but he hasn’t even picked up a brick. He’s just another middle-aged man failing on a DIY project. Justin Moorhouse
8=) I lost a friend after we had an argument about the Tardis. I thought it was a little thing, but it seemed much bigger once we got into it. Adele Cliff
8=) Why are they calling it Brexit and not The Great British Break Off? Alex Edelman
10) I think love is like central heating. You turn it on before guests arrive and pretend it’s like this all the time. Laura Lexx
I wonder if Olaf Falafel is that chap’s real name?
May Tuesday be kind to us all.
[imagesource: WallpaperAccess] This article contains graphic details and visuals that may...
[imagesource: Stock Image / Krakenimages.com] A delayed send function is 100% necessary...
[imagesource: Mufid Majnun / Unsplash] South Africa's COVID-19 vaccine rollout is final...
[imagesource:here] Meghan Markle turned 40 yesterday and we weren't too sure how she wa...
[imagesource: Jamie Squire / Getty Images] Skateboarding is one of the four sports maki...